Trust administration is an important responsibility bestowed upon trustees. These trustees, which may also be referred to as fiduciaries, can be anyone, such as a relative or legal professional, who has been named by the trust as the person responsible for managing the trust.
When managing or administering the trust, the trustee is essentially expected to ensure that the terms of a trust are appropriately and legally carried out. While this may sound simple, it can quickly become a complicated endeavor, and failing to properly administer the trust can result in some challenging and potentially costly complications.
At JR Phillips & Associates, PC, our Centennial trust administration lawyers have the experience and legal knowledge necessary to help you navigate all aspects of trust administration. We can help you avoid potentially disastrous pitfalls and costly mistakes so that you are able to achieve your objectives.
Our Trust Administration Practice and Services
Some of the specific aspects of our trust administration practice include (but are not limited to) assisting trustees in:
- Upholding the terms of the trust
- Fairly and impartially dealing with the beneficiaries of the trust
- Maintaining clear and accurate records of the trust’s dealings and operations
- Keeping the beneficiaries of the trust informed of the status and operations of the trust
- Preserving the assets of the trust, including by only making prudent investments with these assets
- Paying taxes on behalf of the trust
- Avoiding conflicts of interest and any possible allegations of self-dealing
- Keeping the assets of the trust separate and distinct from a trustee’s personal assets.
In addition to representing trustees, we also:
- Serve as fiduciaries
- Provide representation to beneficiaries of trusts who believe that a trustee or any fiduciary has breached his fiduciary duties in administering the trust.
Denver Trust Administration Attorneys at JR Phillips & Associates, PC
If you need any assistance administering a trust, contact the trust administration lawyers at JR Phillips & Associates, PC. We provide a thoughtful approach to our clients’ estate planning and elder law needs, and we are dedicated to helping each of our clients and their families find the best solutions for them.
While this means that we provide our clients with the personalized attention they deserve, it also means that our clients can rely on us to always provide them with competent, caring and professional representation.
Our Centennial trust lawyers are skilled at using a variety of traditional and innovative strategies to assist our clients with their various trust administration needs. Our goal is to help our clients in achieving prudent solutions that will protect them, their assets and their families in the future.
Contact Us Today
You can learn more about our array of trust services by meeting with us for an initial consultation. To schedule this meeting, call us at (303) 741-2400 or email us using the contact form at the top of this page.
From our offices in Denver, we serve clients throughout the southwest and southeast Metro Area, including (but not limited to) people in Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Castle Rock, Parker, Aurora, Greenwood Village and Englewood.