Colorado Revocable Living Trusts
Living trusts are sophisticated legal instruments, at least well-written ones are. Typically, trusts are more complicated, take more time and effort to create than a basic will, and cost more initially. However, in many circumstances, a trust may be very cost-effective in the long run.
At the law firm of JR Phillips & Associates, P.C., we provide a free initial consultation to review your situation and determine if you need a trust. We will help you understand when it is appropriate (and when it is not) to use this popular tool by asking you questions such as:
- Do you have significant assets you want to protect?
- Do you have, or are likely to have, any real estate interests outside of Colorado?
- Do you want to avoid probate to maintain privacy of your financial affairs?
- Are you concerned about how your affairs will be managed in the event of your mental incapacity?
- Are you concerned about estate taxes?
- Do you want to provide assets to an adult disabled child or person who receives government benefits?
- Do you want to provide assets to a charity?
There are many different types of trusts in addition to Living Trusts. Our lawyers draft irrevocable tax trusts, testamentary trusts, charitable trusts, special needs trusts and other types of trusts to accomplish specific objectives for clients in the south Denver metro area and throughout Colorado.
Attorney John Phillips has created many sophisticated trusts, has reviewed many more and has frequently taught other professionals about trusts. In addition, he has taken trusts to court. Knowing what can go wrong with a trust enables us to better protect you and your family.
Reviewing Existing Trusts
Do you have a trust already? Is it adequate for today’s laws and your current needs? Is it properly “funded?” Is it overly complicated for today’s tax laws? Is it robust enough for today’s tax laws?
We are happy to review, advise, modify, alter, or revoke documents created by other lawyers, even those created in other states. We will help you understand the current laws as they apply to your situation and whether or not your current documents are likely to be adequate or not.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Call 303-741-2400 or fill out the contact form on this website to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.